World Community is seeking expressions of interest for a Part-Time Fair Trade Sales Contractor position. The successful applicant will be the key organizer for our Fair Trade social enterprise.
• distribution of coffee and other goods to retailers and other customers
• ensuring that coffee vendors have enough product on hand
• anticipating amounts needed and ordering coffee from the roaster
• confirming coffee bagging requirements each week with bagging team leaders
• receiving payments from some customers and keeping records
• communicating regularly with customers and within World Community in ways that are
consistent with World Community values
Hours of work are flexible, averaging approximately 12 -15 hours per week based upon
Compensation is $19 / hour plus reimbursement for mileage and out of pocket expenses.
Training will be provided
• ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• ability to handle unpredictable work flow
• ability to handle detailed work (including basic math)
• physical ability to lift
• own transportation and driver’s license required
• own computer and basic computer skills required
Preference will be given to:
• individuals with experience in marketing, retail, wholesale, inventory control; or with
other related experience; or with transferable skills
• individuals who are familiar with World Community Development Education Society
If interested, please apply to Lia Pesklevits at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12.
Individuals who are short-listed will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
World Community is working to foster a greater awareness of the social, economic and environmental consequences of human activity at both the local and global levels.
World Community Board of Directors